memorializing heartache one post-it at a time...

Friday, March 14, 2008

stunning opening lines from strangers...

when one dares to start dating via the interweb, one must prepare oneself for the inevitable onslaught of douchebaggery that's surely to follow.

please enjoy the following gem that i received a few days ago:

"I'm new in town and can't find my way around; could I have directions to your place?"

and then this one from a few days before that, which was lovingly titled "morning WIFE":

"LOL

You have a lot of fans...

Now you have ONE more. ;)"

i would also like to mention that winking emoticons are just the key to any woman's heart, guys. really... throw those babies in there as often as possible, because next to 3am text messages of 'hey baby' and asking us to split the check on a first date, winking emoticons are next on our favorite list.

WELCOME to "I'll be busy til mid-July"... the blog dedicated to all the wonderful ways in which men make mistakes in courting, dating, and breaking up with us. please let us know if you have any material of your own to add.

cheers ladies!!

3 comments:

Fear&Fury said...

The winking emoticon... what does that even mean?! No self-respecting guy actually winks in real life, and if they did, it's certainly not as often as they send winking emoticons.

Best opening line... "Hey gorgeous. You remind me a lot of my mom."

Amanda Mae said...

Kari - I dated a winker. A winker and a "big-city" pointer. A total class act guy.

Winks,
A

Unknown said...

One time I was on my way to a college football game. This means me and the thousands of other fans had a few drinks in us and were feeling happy. On my trek to the stadium, this guy starts walking with me (my boyfriend is next to me on the other side) and says, "Girl, you're like a fine bass. I don't know whether to mount you or to eat you."

Um yeah super classy. I totally left my guy and ran away with that drunk fratty redneck! NOT!!!

My poor boyfriend was laughing too hard to do more than stare at the guy in bewilderment.