memorializing heartache one post-it at a time...

Monday, March 17, 2008

Why thank you sir, I was totally confused why I am still single

"Your goals" (at the time I was gearing up for a potential Masters in Anthropology and contemplating a tour with the Peace Core. But also partying like it was 1969 at Studio 54), he said "lack luster and fantasy, and therefore we wouldn't be a good match."

Oh, did I mention we were half dressed in a hot tub swigging champagne out of the bottle somewhere in the wee hours of the morning? And He, he wanted to be a rock star at the young and dreamable age of 33.

Crushing then, laughable now.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Crushing then, laughable now:

When: 1999, soph. in college
Where: Univ. of Nevada, Las Vegas
Who: Boyfriend of 4 months (which was dog years to me)

Me: Hey, do you want to go to Rum Jungle tonight?
Him: Why would I want to take sand to the beach?

Stevie said...

I have recently ventured into the world of online dating for the first time. I don't have much to contribute yet, but I'm hopeful that I'll eventually have some stellar material.

Amanda Mae said...

Stevie - we can't wait, seriously, keep us informed.

-Mae

Mandy Kay said...

Here's a good one
(2004, dating the guy for 10 months):

Him: "Honey, i really think you should start working out. Maybe go running. Lose a bit of weight. You know, for your health and everything."

Me: "For my health? What about the fact that we smoke? That's unhealthy, and you've never once asked me to quit... for my health of course..."

Him: "Yeah, but it's not like you're going to smoke forever."

I've since kicked him to the curb, and kicked my nasty ciggy habit. Oh, yes, and i am a member of 24 hour fitness (for my health, of course).

kyle the girl said...

Hey, are you guys going to open an email address so people can submit stories?

new york dactyl said...

yes... i'm creating a phddating@gmail.com right now... hold tight sister.